Monday, March 10, 2008

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, March 11, 2008


I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird.
Now I know that it is the people that call others weird
that are weird.


- Sir Paul McCartney, knighted on this day, 1997


Yep! When are we going to learn that it only diminishes our humanity when we isolate others as “weird”. Why is it that we are so fragile, so insecure, that we can’t welcome people different from us into our hearts and lives?? I can’t help but feel that when we can’t do this, we are stuck in an infantile level of being human. Listen: “weird” people are God’s way of encouraging us to grow.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I am weird? Sans question! And let me tell you something: I love being weird. I know that I have to be weird. That being weird is the only way to fullness of humanity, of being oneself. Of being happy, content.

Try this tomorrow. Be weird. Flaunt it. Wallow in it. “Weird” is a metaphor, a symbol. It means that we claim our uniqueness, our wonderfulness, our reason for just letting go and stop playing games and being our true selves. What could make us happier? “Weird” is normal.

Have a normal day!

Brian+

No comments: