Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, December 1, 2010


I'm working my way toward divinity.

Bette Midler, fabulous woman and entertainer;
she was born on this date, 1945, in Honolulu


The Divine Miss M!! She is one of my absolute favourite persons. Of course I’ve never met her. So I have no idea what she is “really” like. But I have seen many of her shows, and absolutely love and admire and respect her. When she sings “That’s the story of, that’s the glory of Love”, in that slow slow ballad way, with it’s, I think, great and wise lyrics, I am transported into another World. Remember the song she wrote and sang for her infant son? Just brimming with love and pride! She’s a hard worker, and she has a big heart, and she has a terrific voice. She’s a thoughtful and perceptive actress. She’s six months older than I am, and I’ve kind of grown up with her. I’m grateful.

We are all working our way “toward divinity”. No, not to being God ….. but toward knowing and living the truth that we are all made from stardust. We share in the Mystery of the divine majesty of being part of the Life that burst forth from the Big Bang. Our human destiny is as big and bold as the Universe itself. So often the venality of being Human can discourage us; we are capable of such base things. And yet, 55 years ago today, Rosa Parks refused to move to the back of the bus ….. and there we see the great dignity and courage and “divinity” of a human being blazing forth.

We are walking together toward divinity. Let’s walk together in the Light. Be the wind beneath each others’ wings.

Brian+

No comments: