Monday, April 4, 2011

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, April 5, 2011


I shall allow no man to belittle
my soul by making me hate him.


Booker T. Washington, educator; he
was born on this date, 1856, in Virginia



Oooo. Hard one there! Of course, no person can make you hate them; they can only give you cause. But the hate comes right down to your/my choice. I’ve said a lot over my Life that human beings always have a choice. It’s part of Who We Are. Granted, there are plenty of things that can stand in the way ….. from not knowing we have choices, to all the inhibitions against exercising our Choice. I’m willing to admit that there are many things that hinder us from choosing. But bottom line, Choice is always a possibility.

Mr. Washington has it correct. He shall not allow! He came to know the dignity of being a human being, and to make the choices he could to sustain that innate dignity.

It might be a really eye-opening challenge today to see how many times we face choices we could make but are tempted to avoid personal responsibility, or succumb to fear of the consequences.

Little Gethsemanes.

There is strength in knowing that being incarnate with God’s Love banishes fear, and frees our human dignity.

Brian+

No comments: