Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Brian’s Reflection: Thursday, May 8, 2008


As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories
for which we have no use.

Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or
like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction.
No, read in order to live.

Everything which one invents is true, be sure of it.

There is no truth. There is only perception.


- Gustave Flaubert, French author, who died on this
day, 1880


God is our invention. I have “invented” God for myself. God is loving, affirming, revealing of new truths, granting of power to Live.. Based on my experience, my heart, my mind, my intelligence, I started with what I was shown. I rejected what I knew to be others’ inventions. I “came up” with the God I absolutely knew had to be the true God. And it has proven true. Flaubert is correct: I have invented a God that is True – and I am sure of it.

I have no use for contrary facts and theories which contradict that God is the myth of Love. Scripture is full of the words of those who have perverted the actual facts and theories. I know Who God Is meant to Be.

I do not read the Bible to be amused, or to be instructed in things that belittle Life. I am only interested in knowing what Life really is, and that “God” draws us to that Life.

And Flaubert is correct: everyone thinks they “have” the truth. But, no one has. It is all perception, shaped by prejudice, hope, fear, longing, despair, passion for truth. Like-minded people gather together to live a perception. This is normal, laudable.

Do not doubt, dear friends, that God rests in you and is guiding you. Trust your hopes for Peace, Happiness, Justice, Joy, Oneness. Believe and act. It will change your life and the World as well.

Brian+

No comments: