Monday, November 10, 2008

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, Nov 11, 2008


I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
and don't let anybody tell you different.


- Kurt Vonnegut, author, born on this day, 1922


What can I say??? When Wisdom speaks, it comes through loud and clear!

Remember the words, from the well-known song based on Ecclesiastes? For everything, turn, turn, turn / There is a season, turn, turn, turn / And a time for every purpose under Heaven. Well, we have been through a lot of very stressful stuff in the last few years, including the entirely inaccurately named Religious Right, and Neo-cons, and hurricanes, and 9/11, and wars (ongoing), and Global Terrorism, and overwhelming health costs for lots of people …….. and a host of other stuff. It has been tough!! It’s been hard to relax.

So, being my own Grand High Religious Poobah (and God having whispered in my ear that I had Her authority to move on this), I hereby proclaim Nov 23-29, which includes Thanksgiving (in the USofA) as National Farting Around Week. We are all to take it easy, and be silly, and hang out with each other, and play with friends on FaceBook, watch cooking shoes or football or Nova, and do all manner of crazy, wonderful , unserious things. I challenge my friend Bob to find a different silly hat to wear every day!

Then we can get back to pondering how we can all help solve a few serious issues we have facing us in the World. (No, you may NOT start planning Christmas!) If this goes well, I have been granted permission to make this a yearly event. Enjoy!

Brian+

No comments: