Friday, September 4, 2009

Brian’s Reflection: Friday, Sept 4, 2009


Life is One and Indivisible.

- The Buddha


3:56 AM

It’s 3:56 AM.
Well ….. not actually;
Dennis keeps the clock about a half hour ahead.
Part of some mystery, I assume,
which I can let be.
Anyway – metaphorically speaking,

I am awake. But I slept,
after several restless nights of illness.
For an hour I lay there,
the bed was perfect, firm, holding;
except for the low hum of traffic
on route 101 and the ticking of the clocks
it was stillness, quiet.
The Pacific breeze from Guadalupe
had begun to drop softly on the bed
through the open window.
Minute by minute, my body merged
with it all – and nothing hurt!
The hour went by. I was enfolded.

The Buddha says that Life is One
and Indivisible.
It is the groundstone of His thought.
We human beings imagine these great things;
it is up to us to choose our Path.

I knew the One and Indivisible
for an hour, at 3:56 AM.
Maybe the Blessed One has something!

No comments: