Sunday, October 19, 2008

Brian’s Reflection: Monday, October 20, 2008


Only divine love bestows the keys of knowledge.

- Arthur Rimbaud, French poet, born on this day, 1854


Paul Verlaine said of Rimbaud, “He was tall, well-built, almost athletic, with a perfectly oval face of an angel in exile with untidy light brown hair and eyes of a disturbing pale blue.” Who, man or woman comfortable with themselves, would not be drawn by such a description!

“Only divine love bestows the keys of knowledge”. I agree wholeheartedly, based on where I have gotten on the path to comprehending Divine Love”. I have spent literally decades sorting out what Divine Love really is. Separating it from all the human overlay, all the projection, all the self-serving deceit, all the fear, all the inability to embrace Reality. How I found the heart of the Gospel I do not know! But I believe I did. I think because I let it bang up against my true feelings and needs ….. are of which were faithful guides to the Truth. What did I find? A person longing to be the unique being I was created to be.

Oh, I haven’t been completely successful over the years. I’ve hidden, I’ve lied, I’ve cowered in the face of the disapproval of others. But in the balance, the God of Truth overcame the Prince of Lies.

Nothing is perfect; such is not the destiny of humanity ….. even beyond the grave. But. Joy is not dependent on perfection. And if there is any sign of Divine Love, it is that Joy requires very little fuel to keep it triumphant over torrents of Sadness or Discouragement.

And I have had, and now have it. Blessed I! It is what I hope for us all.

Brian+

No comments: