Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brian’s Reflection: Friday, March 27, 2009




Do you have the patience to wait
until your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action rises by itself?


- Lao-tsu

I love this! And I think I have commented on this before. It is profound. It is wise.

What we need to do in Life “reveals” (not that I believe in “revelation” when it comes to “God”) itself ….. eventually. But. Most of us are run by Ego, most of the time – though there are those exquisite moments when we transcend the Ego. What is “Ego”? It’s Hubris. God bless the Greeks; they tried to warn us! Good Lord, will we human beings ever change??? You’d think we’d learn.

I’m not saying that we always have to wait. That’s why “waiting” is an Art. And I think that “Art” is a necessity, a “given” of being human!! I happen to believe that often it is the glory of being human that we look at the “facts”, make decisions, and go forward.

But “Going Forward” is an Art. Often it really does mean we have to “wait until your mud settles and the water is clear”. This is a “spiritual art”. But the art is in knowing the moment when to reject bravado and “wait”.

Somewhere is Wisdom.

Brian+

No comments: