Monday, December 27, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, December 28, 2010


Although none of the rules for becoming
more alive is valid, it is healthy to keep
on formulating them.


Susan Sontag, activist, author, intellectual,
died on this day, 2004, age 71


I often wonder when I read what people have said (a) in what context did they say them, and (b) what was their life like? I want to read their autobiographies – but I can’t afford it, even at Kindle prices! Nor do I have the time ….. because I’m enjoying living my own Life!

I treasure Ms. Sontag. She gave us all much of value. And I agree with Ms. Sontag: it is healthy to keep on formulating “rules” for becoming more alive.

I completely disagree with her that “none of the rules” is valid.

Give. Of everything, including Self. I have tried my best in my Life. And I can tell you: never have I felt more healthy ….. and I have never felt personally diminished or demeaned.

It isn’t a “rule”. It’s the discovery of a Truth, about oneself and about Life. You may wonder why people like Jesus and the Buddha are revered? They fully gave of themselves that others might find Life.

Think about it.

Brian+

No comments: