Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brian’s Reflection: Thursday, Jan 13, 2011


Satan, really, is the romantic youth
of Jesus re-appearing for a moment.


James Joyce, Irish author; he died
on this day, 1941


I often wonder if the people who said these things had any idea of their profound import!

There are many things I could comment on. But what “grabs” me is this. Joyce is thinking mythically. “Jesus” represents our wholeness as a human person evolved into full consciousness as fully integrated “matter and spirit”. “Satan” represents our unevolved, “youthful” immaturity - our non-integrated Self.

“Satan” reappears fairly frequently. The path from “romantic youth” to mature being is not a straight one – as we all know! I am constantly appalled by the re-appearance of my “Satan” self ….. but I understand that evolvement is a spiral process.

Tucson is an opportunity. I’m praying that “Satan” will be faced down ….. and “Jesus” will reappear.

Brian+

No comments: