Monday, January 2, 2012

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, Jan 3, 2012


'God's plan' is often a front for men's plans
and a cover for inadequacy, ignorance, and evil.

Mary Daly; feminist scholar and theologian;
she died on this date, 2010, age 81


Mary Daly taught at the Jesuit Boston College from 1967-99. She was denied tenure, probably because of her book “The Church and the Second Sex”. Male students signed a petition in support of her ….. women were not admitted to the liberal arts division at Boston College until 1970. She was reinstated, with tenure.

I could wax eloquent (I hope!) on her words. But suffice it to say, I agree with her. It is my hope that 2012 will be a year in which the understanding that the absolute equality of women will spread like wildfire across the Earth. I am utterly convinced that until this happens, Humanity and Religion will remain a backwater of ignorance and of the diminishment of the World’s potential.

Patriarchy is a mill stone imposed on themselves by men. If they only understood how much their lives would be blessed by renouncing it. I do ….. and I feel immensely liberated.

Brian+

No comments: