Monday, February 6, 2012

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, February 7, 2012


I will honor Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.


Charles Dickens, author; he was born on
this date, 1812.



In gratitude, we ought all to follow Dickens’ example.

Saturnalia (referencing the Sun); Mithras; Horus; Jesus, and many other deities and worthies ….. all their births are celebrated on Dec 25th.

But. More importantly. “Christmas” celebrates the “descent” of God into the human heart, the moment we become fully Who we Are, are born to Be.

The Christmas carol expresses it beautifully:

Thou didst leave thy throne and Thy kingly crown
When Thou camest to earth for me
but in Bethlehem’s home was there found no room
For Thy holy nativity
O come to my heart Lord Jesus
There is room in my heart for Thee.


Christmas is Everyday. Every day we celebrate our Oneness with God.

Brian+

No comments: