Monday, March 12, 2012

Brian’s Reflection: Monday, March 12, 2012


I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.

Jack Kerouac, author, political philosopher; he was
born on this date, 1922 in Lowell MA [he died at age 47]


Confusion. What a relief! Both to recognize one has it, and to see it is an important tool towards becoming whole. It’s also very helpful for getting free from a lot of things that inhibit our growth.

Most of us, of course, do not like to admit confusion. That’s where people like Jack (if I may be so personal; I’ve always felt close to him since I read On the Road when I was young) are such a blessing.

I’m confused by a lot of things. “Christians” who don’t seem to speak or act like The Christ - including myself at times. How you get a voice out of the telephone; music by shining a laser on a metal disc; an Internet site by tapping a little picture on your iPad; why so many people are horribly maimed by war and yet support leaders who embrace force, etc etc etc. Human beings: I doubt even God understands us!

Anyway, it’s a beautiful day in Silver City … sunny and in the 70s for the week ahead, and the juniper pollen has decreased so maybe the wretched sinus drainage and coughing I’ve had for over 2 weeks will slow down. Having a massage today. And Rachmaninoff’s Third Piano Concerto is blasting from my Bose - heaven!

They trump Confusion, in my Life anyway. If you’re confused, give thanks, relax, and let it pry you open today!

Brian+

No comments: