Friday, June 8, 2012

Brian’s Reflection: Friday, June 8, 12 - Muhammad





You will not enter paradise until you have faith.
And you will not complete your faith until you love one another.

The Prophet Muhammad; this is the
1380th anniversary of his death, in 632


This is a quote found on a Sufi website called Islamic Renaissance. I deeply respect the Sufis … perhaps because I feel they are doing what I have tried to be doing for most of my Life:  to perceive the great truths about human life that are so often obscured by the veils of human obscurantism, fear, lust for power, and all the other things that stand in the way of Love.

“Paradise” is not a place … it is a state of being. It is eternal, through all stages of existence, of Time and Non-Time.

“Faith” is not a belief system. It is committing oneself to a Path by which all humanity grows in Love, Respect and Honour for each other and for oneself.

Both Muhammad and Jesus and many others advocate Love as the Path. It’s the traces of those paths that I try to seek each day and walk.

I’m amazed at my failures … but undaunted about the wisdom of holding to the way.

Brian+

No comments: