Thursday, October 1, 2009

Brian’s Reflection: Thursday, October 1, 2009


I hate to see complacency prevail in our lives when
it's so directly contrary to the teaching of Christ.


- President Jimmy Carter, born on this date, 1924 [85 today!]


Well, I think that we can be complacent about certain things. Like “I have enough stuff and I don’t need anymore”. Unless we find that we think we are fine about “no more stuff” but actually we aren’t – like the last set of beautiful crystal wine glasses that Dennis and I hauled all the way from Wisconsin (it was really my fault) when we already have lovely wine glasses!)

So I guess Mr. Carter is right. Most things we can’t be complacent about. Control. Love. Justness. Kindness. Compassion. You know: stuff like that.

There we have it: a little concise prompt for the day!! Be Not Complacent!!

Brian+

No comments: