Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Thursday, July 1, 2010



What a wonderful life I’ve had!
I only wish I’d realized it sooner.


Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette
Quoted in “Age Doesn't Matter Unless You're a Cheese”,
by Kathryn and Ross Petras


But FIRST! It’s CANADA DAY! (I was born in Canada, in Verdun, Quebec.) So, Blessings and Greetings to all my Canadian Family and Friends! It’s the 143rd Anniversary of the formal establishment of the Dominion of Canada.

I am happy to say that I realized that I have had a wonderful life some time ago. I’m trying to write a book about it, so Stay Tuned!

Friends, adventures, intellectual growth, learnings and teachings, inner journeys, fun, laughter, art, singing, drinking good wine and cocktails and eating good food, my life as a monk, as a priest – what an amazing Life for a kid from Verdun, Quebec, Canada!

I have to say, though, that most of it came from choices I made to Be Myself. Some conscious choices, some Unconscious – such is the Mystery of Being. If there is anything that teaches me that there is a kind of “guiding spirit” in the Universe, this being drawn out by intuitive comprehension is it!

Oh, I’m well aware that I am an exceedingly privileged person, probably in the top 5% of the people on the Earth. That was a Gift. How bewildered and saddened I am when I see on the TV every day the 95% of the human race who have nothing close to what I have been blessed with. Why can’t we see in our hearts that it is our responsibility and privilege to lift all Humanity to a wondrous Life?

Jesus did. That is why He is such an honoured and beloved “son” of a loving and caring and compassionate Deity – of that divine figure we human beings have created as the symbol of who we are meant to be.

Most of you reading this have been as richly blessed as I have. Think about that today!

There is only one way to honour that Blessing.

Make it everyone’s Life.

Brian+

p.s. By the way. Age does matter if you're not a cheese! Aging is what brings taste and subtlety and nuance and wisdom and complexity!

No comments: