Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, June 16, 2010



Everything on the earth has a purpose,
every disease an herb to cure it, and every
person a mission. This is the Indian theory
of existence.


Mourning Dove Salish (Christine Quintasket),
American Indian, first American Indian to write a
novel (“Cogewea”)
1888-1936


I understand her words this way:

Everything on earth has a unique gift to offer to Being.
Nothing has the power to demean Life.
Everyone must find their True Self and Be that.


Why have I written these Reflections for over 5 years now, over 1200 of them? Mostly to try and discern my Path to Life. My hope is that for some of you out there, they will encourage you on your Journey too. There is such Wisdom in the World! This is what I would expect of human beings – for I have a very “high doctrine” of human beings – a belief that has weathered all the hideous human behaviour of my 64 years! If anything is a miracle – or a witness to the power of the Gospel and to the Wisdom in the World – this is!

You have a unique gift to offer to the World – and the World is wounded without it.

So many things seek to keep us from giving strength to the wonder of Life. God bless you if you have confronted these powers and, like Gandalf confronting the Balrog, said “You shall not pass!”

The Great Journey is a Journey into the Inner Landscape. Finding One’s True Self. Rejecting the false Self that so many try to make us into. I think there is no greater accomplishment than being one’s True Self – the person you were created to be – and without which the World is incomplete.

I am so grateful to all of those who have broken down those barriers - and especially those I have come to know in my Life! What a blessing you have been! Thank you!

Brian+

No comments: