Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Friday, September 24, 2010


"You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know.
You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.

Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left."


Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel); he died
on this day, 1991, age 87


I confess: I was never read a Dr. Seuss ….. and I have never read one myself! Not even The Cat in the Hat!!! Is it not deplorable how culturally deprived I was as a child?! But, I’ve made up for it. Tomorrow I’ll go to the Library and see what I can find.

I chopped a bit off the end of my thumb making dinner tonight. So I can’t type very well; it feels quite awkward. Suffice it to say that Life is indeed a Great Balancing Act. There are moments when one has to jump off the fence and be unilateral and decisive and bold. We ought all to have a few experiences like that! But a lot of Life is Balancing. It’s Moderation between extremes. We have too many unbalanced people in the World today, especially in religion and politics. May that change soon: we need a lot more acceptance and respect and enjoying good food and drink together! And more Fun.

We’re all “strange birds”. “Care and great tact” in our common dealings should be the norm.

Brian+

No comments: