Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Thursday, September 9, 2010


Eureka!

Motto of the State of California.


Archimedes is famously said to have shouted this when he discovered a method of purifying gold. The word has appeared on the California State Seal since 1849. It is thought to refer to the discovery of gold in CA, Jan 24, 1848. An attempt was made to change the motto in 1957; Californians rejected this. Today the motto of the State of California remains, “I Have Found It!

On this date, 1850, California became the 31st state of the Union. Happy 160th Birthday California; I am happy to be living here, despite the idiocy of the budget, the religious nuts, and governance by proposition.

I began a search at about age 6 for Holiness. It has been an interesting and amazing Journey! I started boxed in. Fifty-eight years later, I have become unboxed. I see the Wonder and the Unity of all things. I understand what “God” is. I experience the Peace that “passes all understanding”. And I shall try more diligently to manifest these realities in my Life. Many chains have fallen away from my body, mind and spirit, for which I am grateful to the Gospel and to many enlightened friends and companions on the Way.

Today, for me, Being blazes like the Light of Transfiguration.

Eureka!

Brian+

No comments: