Monday, January 11, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010


This arrived from a dear and valued friend yesterday afternoon. I’m an “opera buff” (ignorant mostly of the sophisticated details, but enjoy all efforts). So I listened. And I had to keep wiping my eyes with my hankie.

Why? Because the World is so bitter these days. Filled with such anger and viciousness. Even if perpetrated by a small minority, it affects all of us – limiting us, causing fear and hesitation.

I have no idea if this video was “spontaneous”, or “staged”. To me, it doesn’t matter. It is a kind of parable of how easy it is for us human beings to create community, smile and laugh, rejoice in the sense of being together.

We need to start multiplying such moments! In whatever simple little ways we can.

Viva Valencia!

Brian+

No comments: