Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brian’s Reflection: Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor
imagination nor both together go to the
making of genius. Love, love, love, that
is the soul of genius.


Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, genius, born
on this date, 1756 [ his 256th Birthday ]


Oh, I am looking forward to XM Classics tomorrow! I get to be home, and get to listen to my satellite radio station all day! Mozart! I can’t stand The Magic Flute” (I like Il Sogno di Scipione”). But the orchestral works in all their variety – lovely, most of them.

I wonder if Mozart considered himself a genius?? We all know a lot about his musical talents. But what do we really know about his Loving?

Anyway. I agree with Amadeus (“Beloved of God”) . If anything makes a genius of a human being, it’s the capacity for Love. Jesus and a multiple of great “spiritual” leaders would agree, I think.

Love is the greatest of the Arts. To Love is to Create, in every form. Many artists pour their love into their creations – and it shows. I have stood many times in the Bargello and looked at the statuary, and seen the radiating passion that makes them “genius”.

The lovely thing is: we can all do it. We can all be Great Artists. Artisti di Amore.

It’s the basic, Divine-given tool for being a human being.

Brian+

No comments: