Friday, May 4, 2012

Brian’s Reflection: Friday, May 4, 2012




For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others;
for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness;
and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you
are never alone.

Audrey Hepburn, actress, artist;
she was born on this date, 1929


 Many people, especially poor children,  in many parts of the world saw in Ms. Hepburn’s beautiful eyes and kind loving words the truth of her wisdom. She worked for many years representing America to children and people in need throughout the world. She was a true hero in my eyes.

I’ll try to remember today to look for the good in others … a real challenge these days , and to speak only words of kindness. I’ll try to remember to be grateful for the reality I’ve come to understand about “never being alone”. I especially have my loving partner, and many wonderful long-time friends … and many many delightful characters I know! … to symbolize it  -  but I think I am most grateful to have come to sense and to know my connection to all Life.

I’ve gone through a process in recent years of letting go of a Small God, diminishing, diminishing, diminishing, determinedly eliminating the limitations imposed by my mind … until, like the Big Bang, the tiny dot that was left exploded to reveal an ever expanding vastness. Like the Universe (at least this one!) my concept of “God” will reach a vast darkness … and that will be the moment when the deep wisdom of the Psalmist becomes known: that the night is as bright as the day; darkness and light to You are both alike.

Brian+

No comments: