Monday, January 12, 2009

Brian’s Reflection: Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009


- Largest Moon over the Alps in 2009, by Vincent Jacques


Just enjoy this! Dennis and I were driving to the Eucharist at St. Benedict’s on Sunday morning, about 7:15am. The Moon was 12 hours past full – and stunning in the pre-sunrise sky over the ocean of the California Central Coast. That mesmerizing ivory colour! Huge. And finally the God Ra rose in the East – and we thought of the “Joshua Sun and Moon” – both balanced against each other, one in the East and one in the West. We both felt that we had become part once more of our human History.

I am convinced – no, I know! - that the Earth and the Galaxy are Holy. I just feel it. And I feel that I and all of us are part of the Holiness. To be candid, while I have certainly “felt” the holiness of things in many different places, I have most felt it held in the exquisite beauty of Nature. And then of course in me.

“God” is in us. And God is certainly in the World. That Presence is not eradicated by our pollution, by our abuse of the World. It deeply comforts me that this will always be true.

I can quite understand why peoples think of the Sun, the Moon, the Mountains, the Seas as Gods and Goddesses. They vibrate with the Holiness of Creation.

Brian+

No comments: